Friday, August 19, 2011

Is he ready?

Day after tomorrow we take Coleson to college. This a.m. I had a little panic moment, wondering if we have taught him everything we should have. Have we missed something major? Of course we have, we aren't perfect parents. But, I do hope we've covered most of the big things.

I have such mixed feelings....I'm so happy and excited for him. And I feel sad and deflated, like my job is over. Which it's not. We have three other children at home to love and teach and nurture and instruct and discipline. But the reality of Coleson leaving makes me feel tired. This is new territory.


4 comments:

Kecia said...

He is such a great young man. You're doing a good job.

Bits-n-Pieces said...

Thinking of you! I'm so excited Coleson chose OBU....and can only imagine all the emotions you are going through. I still have another year to prepare myself for that. My son mentioned wanting to go there a year ago..but may be changing his mind. *sigh*....
(((hugs for you))) hang in there mom!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

My older son called this "Independence with Training Wheels" - and even thanked us for it. The best thing he can learn is that when he saves a project (even a draft of a project) to also e-mail it to himself - which can be accessed anywhere on campus 'cause they all have at least one 24 hour computer lab. And to use the university printers for projects and he'll save a ton of money on ink!! (I was the Eng. 101/102 teacher until 2 years ago:). I bet he is doing awesome!

Angie said...

Thanks, Bluecottonmemory! That is really good advice.