Monday, February 07, 2011

Sunday Letters



Dear Coleson,
You have been gone since last Wednesday with Zac. We always miss you when you are gone. I usually use this time to pretend that you are in college, just to see how it feels. It's OK (because no one complains when I want to watch Hoarders) but then I quickly remind myself that you really aren't there yet and you'll be home in a few days. It will be so good to have you home again. We definitely laugh more when you are home.

Dear Will,
I loved how you said last night that you'd like to tell Zac to bring your brother back. I love that you miss him. Sorry not communicating with you yesterday about what was going on with church. And thank you SO MUCH for helping out with the power point and set up/break down last night. I couldn't believe you carried that huge suitcase of stuff and a bag of equipment like it was no big deal.

Dear Luke,
I wouldn't trade our time together last night for anything in the world. I hope you will always confide in your mama and I hope we can always pray together. Your tender heart touches me. I've tried to stop you from growing up since you were three but you just keep going. I can't believe you will be 12 in three short months.

Dear Abby,
You have so much in common with your mama - especially the fact that we are not morning people. I'm sorry that you have so many ailments in the mornings. But I'm glad that after you are fully awake you are your chipper, happy self. I like seeing you go to school with a smile and your pony-tail bobbing. Remember that Daddy leaves tomorrow so that means you get to sleep with me for 10 nights!!!

Dear Charlie,
I'm happy that you get to go on this trip because of the great people you will see and the opportunity to see their work. But I hate when you are gone. I'm praying for no water tank issues or flat tires or any other Daddy-sized problems while you are gone. And hopefully I won't get stopped by the police. I was so proud of you today and the way you talked your way out of a ticket. You "play dumb" so well! ;-)

Dear Amy (my sister),
I don't know if you read my blog anymore, but I just wanted to say three little words..... I MISS YOU!!!!!! There's only 19 weeks until we leave for the U.S.A.....woo-hoo! I love you.

1 comment:

Cara Beth said...

These letters make me happy! I miss you and I can't wait to see you!