Thursday, February 10, 2011

10 on the 10th

Pardon the lame post, but it was all I could think today for 10 on the Tenth.


Ten movies I've watched recently (as in the last 3 months) that I enjoyed:

1. Steel Magnolias...... an oldie but a goodie. I love that it was released the year we got married and the style of Shelby's bridesmaids' dresses were very similar to the lovely pouffy sleeved dresses my bridesmaids wore (sorry Amy, Kecia and Becca!). I know the language is objectionable but I just love the friendships that these women have. And the one-liners in this movie are hilarious.

2. Saving Sarah Caine. I've heard it's not like the book and the book is better (I love Beverly Lewis books), but I thought it was a sweet story.

3. Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Rings. I could watch all 3 of these movies over and over and over. I never get tired of them.

4. Blind Side - it's one of my new all time favorites.

5. Unstoppable with Denzel Washington. I was pleasantly surprised.

6. Nanny McPhee. I really liked this movie. I did not want to watch this movie but my kids talked me into it and I really enjoyed it. Made me wish I had a stick like hers to "help" some unruly children I know.

7. Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp. I was also pleasantly surprised by this movie. I really like Johnny Depp (especially Jack Sparrow in the Pirates movies). He plays weird people so well.

8. Invictus....a wonderful story. If you've never seen this movie about the South African national rugby team and Nelson Mandela during the early years after the end of apartheid, you should watch it. And Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman do great South African accents.

9. Giant (from 1956)....... with Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean. I love how they make Elizabeth Taylor age (this movies spans 30 years in the life of an oil family in Texas). Fun fact for ya......James Dean died in a car accident 3 weeks after the filming of this movie. I wasn't impressed with his acting ability. He mumbled and I couldn't understand a word he said. If he was trying to play a mumbler, he did a really good job! :-)

10. We Are Marshall. I love this movie even though it makes me cry and Matthew McConaughey's character is quirky. And it was weird to see Matthew Fox be someone other than Dr. Jack Shepherd.

Now.....what have you watched recently that you've enjoyed?



2 comments:

Linds said...

Not many, but the King's Speech is stunning. Just the most amazign movie! I have Invictus here waiting to be watched. Maybe this weekend, I think!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree about the Lord of the Rings movies. I watch them about once a year :)! Jeff and I got Giant from Netflix and put it in and watched about 15 minutes and it just didn't make sense--we were both so frustrated. So, we sent it back. Turns out it was one of the movies that's on both sides of the disc (but, in all fairness to our collective intelligence, wasn't printed A and B or anything). We naturally had been playing the last part of the movie. We thought about getting it again and watching it but kind of hated to ruin our funny memory!!