1.We have had people over for dinner two nights in a row. I've done a lot of cooking, but it's been really fun to visit with friends and colleagues.
2. This quarter I've been facilitating a small guitar class with 8 kids at my kid's school 2 days a week. The kids are ages 6 to 11 and they are so cute and so good at guitar to be so young (one is my 9 year old!)
3. Avocados are in season right now and I love it. They are so yummy.
4. I was by myself in the car yesterday and listened to the BeeGees without getting harassed by my family.
5. Yesterday I learned the Portuguese word for "to mock" - zombar. Thanks Rodger. I think it will come in handy.
6. They are filling up the 400 potholes in the road that we drive down everyday to get out of our neighborhood!
7. A local grocery store here had Keebler cookies from America last week! I probably shouldn't admit that we paid almost $6 a package......but we only bought two.
8. I had a long conversation with my friend Carmina today and she only looked confused twice. (See previous post).
9. It is very normal here to see ladies walking down the street and nursing their babies at the same time. I think about how when I was nursing my baby I had to sit in a special place with a special pillow in a quiet room with a glass of water. I'm such a ninny.
10. My teenage boys show affection towards each other by punching each other in the arm. Very hard. I do not understand boys.