Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wanta play?

I got this fun meme from Gretchen over here.  She assigned me the letter P.  So here goes.

Rules: If you want to play, leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on...

1. My Parents.....if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here. LOL!  Seriously, I love them.  They amaze me with all they do in their lives and ministries.  

2.Pasta. I love eating pasta.  I love cooking pasta.  It's easy and fast.  I especially like it when it's covered with Alfredo sauce (a.k.a. "heart-attack on a plate!)

3.People.  I am a people person.  I get really crabby when I stay in my house too long and don't interact with people.  

4.Pork products. (Do I get extra points for using two P's, like in Scattergories?)  Yes, this is my second food item on this list.  I am fond of bacon and ham and pork roast.  We had bacon for dinner last night - it was Breakfast-for-Supper night.

5.Purses.  My husband doesn't understand my need for several different purses to choose from.  My 7 year old daughter inherited my love and always carries one with her.

6, 7, 8.  Pens and Pencils and Paper.  From the time I was very young I needed to have a writing instrument in my hand at all times or in my PURSE.  There is a studio portrait of my sister and me taken when I was about three and you can see in my tiny little hand a few scraps of paper and a pencil.  The aisle in any store that contains pens, pencils and paper is my favorite aisle.  In my purse I have a little bag that holds pens and index cards.  Just feeling it inside my purse makes me happy.  And the small spiral notebook with a pen stuck down into the spirals can also be found in my purse, and makes me equally happy!

9.Pets.  I love that we have pets because my children get so much joy from them.  I try very hard not to get too attached (long story) but I love talking to our pets because they know exactly what I am saying and I occasionally sit on the back step and hold them (they are an outside dog and cat).  I think I could easily get attached to an indoor pet but I don't have enough emotional energy for that now.  I conserve all that energy for my 4 children.

10. Pictures.  I love to look at people's photos - and I don't even have to know the people in the pictures.  Strange, I know.  I could sit and look at photo albums all day.  I love it on Facebook when one of my friends is tagged in a photo, then I sit and look at all of that person's pictures,even if I don't know them.  My kids come in and say "who is that? " and I say "I have no idea!". They already know their mother is weird. I just like looking at pictures.  

6 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Fun, Angie. And yes, I'll give you double points for pork products!

Raychel Marie said...

That was a fun little game. I would love to play!

Gretchen said...

Mmmm....bacon. Bacon makes every day a little brighter. Brings a little sunshine into the morning sky. Lurve my pets, too, but they do drain the energy! When I recently left on a weekend trip, I was amazed at what a break it felt like because there were no dogs to feed/walk/clean up after, etc.

Thanks for playing!

OH, almost forgot--purses. YES!

Anonymous said...

Lol you're the second person I've seen do a post like this! I'd like to do one, but I think I'd have real trouble thinking of things to write about, even though it's always so obvious after you see someone else do it!

Janna Kay said...

Ok...I just read this...I know it's late, but I want to play!
Oh, and I can see Abby carrying a purse everywhere. Seeing her pics, she has grown up so much!

Cara Beth said...

I know what you mean about looking at other people's pictures. Get on flickr.com and go to town! You will officially waste HOURS looking at random people's pictures online!