Sunday, December 11, 2011

Old and Out of Date

Yesterday I went with Abby's class on a field trip. I got to drive a van full of 5th grade girls around all day and it was fun. Especially when they were all talking about how old they will be on their next birthday. I joined in and said "well I'll be 45 on my next birthday" to which one of the little girls gasped and responded with, "wow, you don't look that old. I thought you were 35!" Ha. 45 must sound ancient to them. I know I thought it was when I was in 5th grade. And when I was 35.


When I took out my phone at lunch one of Abby's classmates said "Oh, I have a phone like that. I got it when I was 10."


I'm old and have an old phone.

1 comment:

t marie said...

HaHaHaHaHa

This is the first year I've had a cool phone. (Translation: The first year I actually paid for a phone instead of taking one of the freebie offers.) I can't tell you how many times I have seen CHILDREN at school with an iPhone, Blackberry, or other smartphone. Some were only 9 years old. Really?!

And you aren't old!!