Monday, March 14, 2011

MS Walk










My sister, Amy, was diagnosed with MS about 8 years ago.
She wrote the following on the National MS Facebook page. If you can, please join others in walking for a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.
I wish I was in the states right now so I could join in.


MS - my Facebook Friend???

OK, so Multiple Sclerosis sent me a “Friend Request” in the fall of 2003. It would have been nice to have an “Ignore” button but “Accept” was my only option. Easier said than done. My new “friend” liked to play evil tricks on me. Jabbing my feet with needles, convincing my muscles to spasm, just for “kicks”.
Ok that was bad - but you get the picture, right? I certainly didn’t “Like” what was going on. I’ve been fortunate to “hide” these ugly posts by exercising, eating better, getting plenty of rest, and taking my medication faithfully. While I still have my ups and downs, I choose to live in what I call Healthy Denial - pushing MS to the back of my mind. HOWEVER there are MANY who struggle with MS on a daily basis - MS has “hacked” their page and causes MISERY. Here’s where YOU come into this story! By supporting the National MS Society - you can help. The Society helps in everyday needs of those who struggle, from providing transportation to building ramps. They also fund important RESEARH to find a CURE. Here’s what you do: participate in the Walk MS event, make a donation, or even volunteer at your local Society chapter! I’m walking in WalkMS 2011 in Toledo, Ohio on April 10. Please JOIN my team “Amy’s Facebook Friends for the Cure” or help our team’s effort by making a monetary donation. With YOUR much appreciated HELP our HOPE is to “Unfriend” MS forever!! Now that’s something to “LIKE” !

No comments: