Monday, October 03, 2011

Likes and Dislikes

Disclaimer: These are not in order of importance.

Likes:
*That Luke is better today. He ran fever over the weekend.
*That I watched a TV show I missed last week online today while I folded clothes.
*That tomorrow is Bible study night.
*That I get to visit with old college friends next weekend!
*Playing Scrabble on my Kindle. I'm addicted.
*That it's October and was really cool tonight!
*That we get to see Coleson next weekend!!
*That Will turns 17 this week.
*That last night I got to sit and visit for awhile with three women I love and have known for a long time.
*How nice and polite the young man working at Brookshires was yesterday when he took my 1 bag of ice to the car. It was a big bag and he insisted on carrying it for me.
*That God is showing me that some things are not as they seem. Sometimes what I think it horrible turns out to be just fine and other times something I think is great turns out to be confusing. But I don't need to try and figure it out, I just need to trust Him.


Dislikes:
*That Abby started running fever today.
*That my Mom is in the hospital in Kenya.
*That I'm 10, 000 miles away from my Mom who is in the hospital!
*Ironing
*That, at 44, I still compare myself to others. I thought I'd be perfect by now. HA!!!
*That I haven't been exercising.
*That I've been in a slump lately.
*That I have a sewing machine and can't get motivated to use it.
*That I feel like I need a swift kick in the pants.
*That we have been in the U.S. since June and there are still family members we haven't seen yet!
*That Louisiana is so far away from California and Pennsylvania and Ohio and Tennessee. And Africa.
*That one good friend had a car accident today (she's fine) and another had a very painful gall bladder attack.

Thank you,
Good night!

1 comment:

Mich said...

Hope your mom feels better soon.