10 things I like about living in Maputo
1.I get to see the ocean every day - even from my bedroom window!
2.It's rarely cold here and that's great with me, I detest cold weather.
3.Life is slow here, no meetings at night, being on-time is not a big issue (except at my kid's school.) so our family spends a lot of time together.
4.I can get fresh seafood everyday if I want to.
5. There's a great park right across the street from our house.
6.I live in a city that's not too big and not too small, so if traffic's not too bad I can get where I want to go in 15 minutes or less.
7. We are only 1 hour away from the South African border. That makes me feel close to "home".
8. The clinic where we can get blood tests for malaria or see a dr. is just 3 blocks from our house and is open 24 hours a day.
9. I can get just about all the food items I need here.
10. I have friends from all walks of life.