Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Blast from the Past


I wanted to post this pic on our anniversary in August but I had not yet scanned this picture. My mom recently wanted a copy so Charlie scanned it for her and now I can show it to you. You know we were married back before digital cameras.

I ask Charlie almost weekly to forgive me for making him wear a white tux and a PINK cummerbund and tie! Oh my goodness. It just goes to show you how much that boy loved me. He would have worn a pink tux if I'd ask him to......if I would just marry him!

And I so loved that thing on the back my head (what's it called?) and now it just looks like some tulle blob.....again, what was I thinking? But it was 1989.

Oh, the Calla lilies that I was holding, that I paid money for? When we lived in Madagascar I saw them growing wild in a ditch!! I can buy a bouquet of them on the street here for about $4. I'm pretty sure I paid more than that for the ones in my bouquet.

7 comments:

Kecia said...

I love it!!! :) Happy memories.

A Place For Ministry Wives said...

That picture is so cute. I bet you love reminiscing.

april said...

Wow! You two are so cute! I had the huge blob of toole on the back of my head too, we had to spike my bangs up to make my head not look so small.

Anonymous said...

I even remember that day. I can't believe it was in 89, boy was I young!!!

Anonymous said...

The anonymous is Little Bit, sorry about that. Hope all is well. Betsy

mer said...

GREAT photo...thanks for sharing it! Did you get married at Berry Chapel??

Meredith

Sniders in Africa said...

Oh my goodness Angie I can't believe your long curly hair! And I think Charlie looks great despite the pink and white! I wish I had known you two lovebirds then! Glad I know you now!! Cro