Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm Back

I've actually been home almost two weeks. I'm just now getting around to posting. It has been wonderful to be home and get back into a routine.

The second week I was in Kenya I attended a women's conference and our speaker was Cynthia Heald (author of many books including Becoming a Woman of Excellence). She was an amazing speaker. God really spoke to my heart about many things through her. Each day we also spent time in small groups which gave us time to process what we had just heard and to pray for one another. This time was a special blessing. We also had mini-seminar type options for the afternoons....I attended several that were very helpful, especially the one on what to do with teenagers!

The time spent with the other women in conversation was fantastic. I loved hearing every ones stories and what God is doing in their lives and ministries in the countries where they serve. And I did get to do lots of laughing....there were some crazy, funny women in attendance.
After almost missing our flight home on Sunday, May 6, we finally made it. I was SOOOO glad to see my husband and children. I think I hugged them for days and told them I was so glad I was home. I had a wonderful trip but I missed them terribly!

My first morning back, the first thing Abby did was come and find me and hug me and say, "Mommy I'm so glad you are home!"

Now for some pictures:
Me and Laura (the giraffe)





Brackenhurst Conference Center....where the Women's Conference was held.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say...I love giraffes! And I love you. :)
Kecia